Obviously running errands can be a chore in itself then we added two boys to the mix it's worse!!! We ran out of bottled water for our dispenser yesterday so I thought to get Garrett and Gannon (okay Garrett) out of the house we would take a quick trip to the "water store". Well quick was surely not the right word. As soon as we pull in, I saw Great Clips and remembered Garrett was due for a haircut, so I called to make sure our guy we like was working. He was, so I thought we'll head there after the we grab the water. Well, Garrett knows that Lowe's has the cool carts he can climb in and out of so of course the one we were already in from the parking lot was not good enough. So instead of fighting a screaming two year old at the store, there we were in the entrance changing carts. Literally all we needed from the hardware store was water so that was a pretty fast one.
Off to get a haircut next. Walking up to Great Clips, Garrett recognized our fast food - a "jamich" (sandwich) shop, so immediately he starts asking for a jamich. Well, it was getting close to dinner so I again thought, we'll go there next. I guess my Lowe's trip wasn't as fast as I thought because 4 people showed up at to get a haircut while we grabbed water, so we had a little wait. Garrett is so good at being a big boy getting his haircut. He know announces to the store when water is getting sprayed on his head for the cut. He is so funny.
Next stop - the sandwich store. Turkey and cheese only please, only because they don't have butter (peanut butter) jamiches! With the kids meal you get a choice of teddy grams or an Oreo. Duh - teddy grams, I hate Oreos. Oops lets go back, once they were out of teddy grams so I ended up with an Oreo and it was in the cupboard at home and Dave gave it to Garrett one day. Apparently he loves Oreos. So now we get Oreos. After ordering his sandwich and hiding the Oreo for after dinner his next questions is where the juice? Most of our trips to the sandwich shop end with eating them at home so he gets milk, but he knows when we eat there he gets juice in a big boy cup. I guess milk is not a big thing for people to buy at the sandwich store, because they don't sell it. Why are we eating there, because don't you know the book store is also in the same parking lot! So Garrett ate good because he knew where we were going next.
Next stop the book store - no questions asked, Mommy had to potty before heading to the kids books. I'll remind myself next before leaving the sandwich shop because Garrett screamed the whole way to the bathroom and thank goodness no-one else was in there because he wouldn't leave the door closed. I love the person who invented the toddler seat on the wall in the handicap stall - it's a little chair that you put (actually strap) your little one so they can't escape while you potty. Super great idea, but our bookstore doesn't have one. Garrett hasn't discovered that he could just go under the door, so our doors gets opened, yes while you potty!!! So much fun - really!?! Okay, off to the children's book section, which by the way don't try to carry him to - he can find is own way. Determined little guy! I have now idea where he gets that!!!
So needless to say, out quick trip to the water store took 2 hours! Gannon of course was just great to go along for the ride. I at least had a bottle and some of his milk or we would have had to upset big brother and head home. Kids are so funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment