Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Morning

Garrett was the first little one to wake up and was so excited to open his surprise from Santa. Silly boy wouldn't focus on what was under the wrapping until every little spec of wrapping paper was off the box, I really don't know where he gets this type of behavior! They boys were very patient and good a taking turns with everyone opening presents, Grandma, Papa, Daddy, Mommy, and Aunt Taylor all took turns opening gifts and they did great.

After we opened our gifts we headed off to enjoy our traditional IHOP breakfast. I know this is crazy, well at least Dave thought so, but we have been going out for Christmas breakfast for as long as I can remember. A long time ago we went to a local diner and it closed so IHOP is the new Christmas hangout! We tried cooking breakfast and it was WAY overrated so back to IHOP we went! Dave is used to it now and I think he enjoys it too!

Garrett loves his new Thomas the Train set, but really doesn't appreciate that Gannon wants to play too. Maybe because Gannon is a destruction derby and tries to tear the train off the table. Some day they will play trains together...right!?!

My husband, I believe, should win an award for being a good listener throughout the year and always remembering little things I have mentioned wanting/needing and is a great gift giver. And he says he's a bad listener! So this year a friend of his went skydiving for his 50th birthday and invited a group of people to join. We weren't able to attend and I was so bummed, who wouldn't want to jump out of a plane? So for one of my Christmas gifts he gave me a certificate to jump!!! I'm so excited. This has been on my list of things to do for as long as I can remember so I can soon put a big CHECK next to it.

Yeah a new train set
Backyardigans
Gannon's Santa gift
Garrett loves his new train with his Backyardigans watching
Gannon waiting to enjoy his first traditional IHOP breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment