Thursday, April 8, 2010

Potty Training

Holy Mollie is all I can say!

We tried potty training about a month ago for a couple of days and ended with a screaming fight for a diaper. I decided we would wait a few weeks and try again. Well this week we tried again. I thought having Dave home would make it easier to focus on Garrett and the toilet since last time every time we went to the potty Gannon was crawling all over the bathroom and poor Garrett. We did a little more research on training a stubborn 3 year old and so far it's working. We have had a few accidents, but 90% of the business is in the toilet, so progress. We at least know he knows exactly when he needs to go and will sit on the potty for a while before he really goes. At this point I really hope there's no turning back! We'll have him home through the weekend to add progress and then he will use the big boy chair at school.

I did take a picture of the first poo in the toilet, but Dave said I really shouldn't post that! I guess I'll spare you the poo ball!!!

Good job Garrett!

No comments:

Post a Comment