Sunday, January 15, 2012

Gannon's 3

I can't believe how fast three years goes by...Gannon is already 3! Gannon and Garrett have been counting down the days until Gannon's birthday and party since Christmas was over.  I am SO glad we decided to do a party this year for him, his first big party! Gannon said that he wanted a cars party when I asked him so I did some researching and found a few fun ideas, made the invitations, and go to to work. 

Hours and hours of making this party happen and it was all completely worth it.  I went to a local store and asked if they had any banana boxes and they gladly gave me 6 tops and bottoms.  A few cans of spray paint and they were on their way to becoming box cars!  Because of the process involved in making these cars they were a few weeks in the making.  After they were painted I glued on paper plates for tires and my friend Gretchen let me borrow her Disney Cars cricket cartridge and I did some serious cricketing!  Each car had it's own number, Cars logo, and then the straps were added.  They turned out so cute and the kids had TONS of fun running around in them for the car races!  Totally worth all the time and effort to see them smiling so big and running in circles in the court.  As one of the activities each child made a personalized license plate for their car and stuck it on prior to the race.   

I also called a local tire store and asked if we could borrow some used tires for the day, they agreed!  They were stacked for decoration at the door prior to the "races" where they were spread around the court for the kids to run around.  After the car races they were used for a bean bag game.  My mom sewed lots of bean bags and flags for us to use and these too made the kids so excited!  All worth it in my book!!!

My amazing friend Kendra, the retired baker, came out of retirement for us and made an amazing cake for Gannon.  He loved every minute of it! 

Each of the kids took home a candy filled goodie bag from the candy bar!  It was tons of fun and all worth the priceless smiles on all the kids faces including the most important for the day, Gannon! 

We love you to pieces and love all the fun and memories you bring to us. 










No comments:

Post a Comment