I have been running now for 7 months at various organized race events and have never entered with any type of placing in mind. It has all been about completing the race. Of course I enter will a goal time in mind, but never to place or finish in the top. After completing the half marathon knowing there were two local races coming up I decided it was time to give a short distance my all. I entered a 5K and then this Storm the Castle 10K the following weekend. These distances were intimidating 7 months ago, but now they can be completed in less than a full workout at the gym. I placed 3rd overall female at the 5K and second at this one and 1st in my age division with a PR of 51:14. I still feel like I could have pushed harder, but I found another Mom from the boys school and we were running together until the end when she dropped back a little. Next time, I'll push a little harder!
With the entry of this race your bib got you free entry into the Open Cockpit event at Castle. The race ran through the museum area early that morning which was pretty cool. The boys love this event even though we have been several times. There are so many airplanes that we haven't been inside them all even yet. Garrett and Gannon made their first model airplanes and of course enjoyed the kettle corn and bounce house.
Garrett is not a fan of climbing stairs and getting inside the compartments of the airplanes. I do think he has a little fear of heights (outside the bounce house slide) and small spaces. Overall, fun day!
No comments:
Post a Comment