I continue to sign up for runs to keep me on track, in the gym, and on the streets! I ran this race last year because how do you pass a local run up? This was my first 10k last year and I can tell I am way less stressed about the whole race thing! With the boys party the day prior to the run I forgot all about picking up my race packet, until it was too late! Thank goodness I was able to grab the morning of the race, which I was running late for! I made it in time to get my number, run my goody bag back to the car and find a partner for the run. The girls that work at Bagel Tyme run and one of their friends was a little slower than my pace. I talked her into letting me push her a bit for a better time. I did beat my time from last years race by a couple minute with a 53:34, but was not a PR. It was a good run and Moni, who ran with me, did metal in her age group and had a PR!!! Now I need to find someone to push me! Dave says I always look like I'm not dying at the end, so I have more to give! I'm just strolling!
Next run...another 1/2 Marathon!
No comments:
Post a Comment