One of my favorite parts of Easter is dyeing the eggs. The boys love it too!
Side story - there is a reason people have been boiling eggs forever, baking them does not work! I found a like of Pinterest that said to bake them. It made sense so I thought I'd try it. When you try something new do it with a small batch - not 2 dozen eggs! The cooking part was fine, it was the peeling part that was a nightmare! NEVER AGAIN....boil the dang eggs! Anyway, the baked eggs colored just fine, then went in the trash! (Didn't try to peel until the next day)
Back to the fun part...dyeing! Garrett and Gannon are now old enough to not throw or drop the eggs in the color and are patient in waiting for them to get good color. We have a game with a timer so that was helpful. It's amazing how long the eggs take to prepare and it takes all of about 10 minutes to get them dyed.
Lots of pretty eggs!
No comments:
Post a Comment