Sunday, May 19, 2013

Not My Favorite Half!

Taylor's boyfriend won an entry to the California Classic Half Marathon in Fresno and wasn't going to use it so they gave it to me.  A free half, sure! And thank goodness I didn't pay for it because I didn't love it, not all the races fault.  Since an attack on a runner in Merced I haven't been running outside much and it showed!  I was going along at a good pace to finish in 2 hours until about mile 7 then I started to fade and then got frustrated and threw in the towel.  I never stop running during a half and I was OVER this one so I stopped to go to the restroom in the zoo because they were nice restrooms instead of a port-a-potty and walked a few times.  Still finished with a 2:13, but not what I wanted.  The run wasn't my favorite course, although it did go through the zoo and past the new sea lion exhibit and the giraffe's it also had NO mile markers and had several switch backs through downtown Fresno.  I didn't appreciate either of the latter, looking down the side streets seeing runners going in each direction messed with my mind.  I know excuses, excuses, but I won't do that run again!  On a positive, it was my first race with my name printed on the bib!
 
Garrett loved waiting for me as much as I loved the run!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment