Garrett's loves sports and I'm pretty sure he's hooked on running! As soon as we walked in the door from his first 5K he wouldn't stop asking when the next one was and he wanted to make sure he was running the next one with Mom, "because Dad had to walk"! I saw another local race was coming up and I registered both of us for the 5K. The run took place right down the street from our house so we walked over and got our bibs and off we went. He loves it!!! Talks the almost the entire way, which is a good sign that he isn't over doing it. He was funny along the run, he saw a squirrel and asked if we could tell Dad and Gannon about the creatures we saw.
We improved his time by a couple minutes, but he was a little sad that he got second in his age group this time. Hard to explain to a 6 year old that the age categories change at races so the kid that took 1st is a 13 year old cross country runner!
He is awesome and his passion is amazing at this age. Let's hope I can be his pacer for a while before he can leave me behind!
Gannon and Dad joined for the treats, raffle, and bounce house fun. We won an ITunes card in the raffle and the boys loved the slide and bounce house!
No comments:
Post a Comment