Gannon is doing good this morning, he was taken off oxygen and seems to be remaining stable without it. His doctor came in this morning and has ordered a respiratory therapist to do chest thumping (he had a fancy name for it) to break up a mucus plug in Gannon's lungs. If that goes well and he remains off the oxygen we might be able to go home tomorrow. I would bet we will be here for a couple more days because of Gannon's age and small size.
Dave had his first experience of our nights at the hospital last night. As he put it he enjoyed a few hours of sleep all 6 foot of him on half of a 4 foot pull out sofa with his wife in a deep snoring sleep and a hacking baby in the bed next to Gannon!!! He can't wait for another night. He swears this is the next best thing to Club Med! With the snoring I guess I got a good nights sleep, if you call 4 hours a nights sleep. In mommy world I would say that is a pretty good night of rest since it was pretty much 4 hours straight.
Big brother Garrett is doing good with all his days and nights without mom and brother at home. He enjoyed a little Milk Judging road trip with Daddy on Friday/Saturday and was quite the trooper. We look forward to getting home to give him a big hug.
Check back for more updates....
Tiffany
David & Tiffany, I hope all goes well & the mucus plug recedes, like the worries you both must be feeling now. Could this all be a asthma type ailment? I suffered from that as a youngin. It eased with age. Keep up the good sprits & call, if you want...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Dave & Tiffany! Another new little Gossman in the world. I hope you can bring Gannon home soon. Hospitals are no fun and there's no place like home. I'm keeping him in my prayers that his precious little lungs will fill with their own oxygen. Hang in there Dave and Tiffany. You will look back when they become teenagers and realize the infant years were SO easy in comparison. Trust me!
ReplyDeletehugs and smooches,
Suzanne (Gossman) Tanenbaum