Sunday, February 8, 2009

Gannon's Visit to Valley Children's Hospital

Dave and I made a trip to the ER in Merced on Friday morning around 3 am to find out that Gannon was positive for RSV. So around 6 Gannon and I rode in an ambulance down to Valley Children's in Madera. He is doing better, but remains on oxygen. His doctor wants to monitor him for 24 hours once he is off the oxygen to make sure he is breathing stable and then he will release us.

Friday was quite emotional for me as Mommy, but I have found my way around the hospital (which took a day or so considering it's like a castle). Once I got a little rest I was doing much better. Thank goodness my sister lives one exit down the freeway so I have been able to leave and shower at her place, sterilize bottles and rest a bit. Grandma hung out with Gannon when I would so I could go and grab a few things that we needed for our extended stay!

We hope to go home in the next day or so and once we are there I will post pictures of our little patient. Check back for updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment