Dave's present to me this year was a night in San Francisco and a matinee to see The Book of Mormon play. We dropped the boys off at my dads in Modesto and were off to enjoy the City. I love San Francisco and always have tons of fun when there. We decided to ride the BART in to avoid the holiday traffic and ridiculous parking fees. Our hotel, The Marriott Marque, was in a perfect location right in Union Square. The BART station took us right to the hotel and we did a little shopping to start the trip. It's kind of weird shopping alone so I wasn't feeling it on Saturday. We went back to the hotel to head up to the View Lounge on the 39th floor. We were a little earlier so we had to wait for the elevator to allow access to the 39th floor. Good thing we got there early because we were able to get a great view seat. We could see all the way to the Bay bridge and AT&T Park. It was such a clear beautiful day. After a couple drinks and appetizers we headed out for Dave's first ride on a real cable car. Riding a cable car at night is one of my favorite parts of the City. We got a great standing spot on the cable car, which makes it much more fun! We rode all the way to the wharf and walked around down there a bit. The wait for the cable car return was a little long, but we made it to our next location, a dueling piano bar. The dueling piano bars are always fun. We only stayed for a couple drinks because I was exhausted and there were no tables available. I couldn't stand anymore!
I was in the shopping mood on Sunday so I his a few stores that I've been wanting things from, even started next years Christmas shopping! After shopping and lunch we walked down to the Orpheum Theater to see the Book of Mormon. It was hilarious!
We enjoyed our quick 32 hour kid free date in the City!


No comments:
Post a Comment