Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sequoia RV Ranch

We took our first trip in our new travel trailer this weekend and I have funny stories!

We decided to take a small little trip for the first one to work out any bugs that we may have...and boy did we have bugs!

The drive to Sequoia RV Ranch was great, it took about 2 1/2 to 3 hours putting up there just after dark - first problem. We look at the board and saw that we were space #24. Since Dave was driving I was in charge of guiding to our site - second problem. I looked at the map and saw that our space was third from the left. Great, I saw two trailers and then an open spot, I said - "right there". Dave did a great job parking, hooking us up, unhooking the truck from the trailer and then...another truck pulled up and looked at the spot, then down at their map. That's when Dave came over and asked what number we were - 29? Oops we are in the wrong spot. So I run after the other truck tell them we will move. Dave hooks the truck back up and moves us. By this time Gannon was back out of his crib and Garrett was running around and yeah - we are number 23 right! So in we go to spot 23 all set up again. I go inside and discover the map with our space number on it - 24! Thank goodness my husband has a sense of humor becuase I would have been in serious trouble if not. So now what? Dave ran over to the reservation board and saw that no one was coming this weekend for 23 so we stayed and fixed it with the office in the morning. I'm officially fired from guiding to the correct spot!!!

We all slept great which is always Mom's first concern. Our trailer has a perfect spot in the back for Gannon's pack n play and it has a curtain that blocks him from the rest of the trailer - PERFECT!!! Garrett slept on the sofa bed by us and of course did great and we slept great in our bed. SUPER.

Breakfast time...pancakes are an easy camping breakfast rights!?! I whip up the batter and since Dave is the pancake guy at our house he sprays the pam on the pan and starts cooking. Well in a small trailer that doesn't go so well. We set the smoke alarm off - twice! Note to self - cereal next time! After openning all the windows and door and me being a human fan we had pancakes. Sunday's pancakes were made on the stove outside.

That was all the excitement for the trip - thank goodness. Sequoia RV Ranch was a great place, almost full yet very quiet. It had a great little swimming hole that we will use next time. We were also close to Sequoia National Park which was our day trip for Saturay.

Overall it was a great weekend and we are excited and now better prepared for our next trip. Check back for those great stories.


A Quick Recap
1. Garrett in our bed watching his morning Barney.
2. This rock was hours of entertainment. It was right outside our door and Garrett declared it his saddle boat.
3. Breakfast outside
4. Morning activity - Gannon is really paying attention
5. Gotta clean - even if it's outside!
6. Daddy's project - of course!
7. The new trailer
8. Gannon breaking in the tub.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. awesome! I love the photo collage...ya gotta get me the link to that one!

    ReplyDelete