Sunday, September 20, 2009

Our Wounded Soldiers

Gannon woke up Friday night around 11 with a temp of 103.8 and wouldn't keep any medicine down. Dave swore he had purple skin before he went to bed so after debating for a hour week took him to the ER just to confirm he was okay. And he was. Well, other than a common cold. So he hasn't been quite up to speed the last couple of days.

Garrett, Gannon and I were walking up the stairs yesterday and I was holding Garrett's hand and he stepped down a step which pulled his arm. I heard a snap so quickly called Dave freaking out! He had me check his shoulders and bones and nothing looked out of place or swollen. He came home from cooking at a fundraiser and Garrett was still not wanting to move that arm or use it at all. So off to the ER Garrett and I go again to have him checked out. He does have a hairline fracture in him arm so we returned home with a temporary splint and he will have a hard cast put on this week. Poor guy. The real bad news is the thumb he sucks belongs to the arm that is hurt so he didn't want to raise his hand to his mouth after it was hurt. This would be a great time to break the habit, but poor guy loves his thumb so the next few days could be a challenge. I told Dave I won't be surprised if he wants a purple cast!!!

Finally resting!

No comments:

Post a Comment