Dave has been very exited to take the boys to play in the snow. I was not convinced that this was such a great idea with a 1 and 3 year old, but we decided to go anyway. I had bought snow pants for the boys when I saw them on sale at Target because last year when we had thoughts of going everything was sold out. So we loaded up our snow gear and headed up to Long Barn for a snow day. Dave had this vision of snow hills all over that you could pull off and play at - SO not the case. There was one hill that was quite packed so we kept driving in search of another spot. NO SUCH LUCK!!! Back to Strawberry Hill we went.
By this time it had started to snow and the boys and Mommy were a little cranky! We pulled off the road and started to get the boys all suited up to go play. This was production let me tell you! Once we were out on the hill they were both find to sled down a couple of times. Once Garrett's hands "got dirty" with snow he was no longer happy. It was pretty cold so back to the car we went. We did get very cute pictures from our 20-25 minutes in the snow...not really worth the 5 hours of driving! (round trip)
I think we'll wait a couple of years to try this again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment