Atwater FFA's office retreat was in Lake Tahoe this year so Dave and I planned a couple extra days to hang out prior the rest of the gang joining, making it a 4 day/5 night adventure. This was the first time we've ever left the boys for this long and also the first time a babysitter has stayed overnight with them. Courtney, our sitter, stayed on Sunday night and Aunt Shannon came up on Monday for the rest of the trip. They boys had a blast with Aunt Shannon - see next post - and we had a great relaxing trip in Tahoe.
Our usual, play cards, a movie, rest, play cards, lay in the sun, sleep in, play cards nice dinner out, play cards and even a nice bike ride....did I mention play cards! All in all it was a fun time. I made it to the gym everyday, worked on lesson plans, and enjoyed the quiet time while Dave was with the students. Weird to have so much time to do whatever I wanted to with!
The leadership students had a scavenger hunt with GPS devices that they split into teams and had to ride from one location to the next based on their longitude and latitude in the GPS. At each location there was a box hidden with a clue to the next. It was really fun to ride around with them. Dave and I broke off at the end to add a few more miles to our ride (and a drink!)

No comments:
Post a Comment