Yes, a FUN run! Somewhere between September and now I have fell in love with running. I NEVER though it was possible, but it happened. Running with friends, at the gym, or alone outside, I really come to love it. I don't know exactly why, maybe the personal goals you set for distance and time, maybe because I'm free to just run and not think of anything else, and the obvious it's healthy. Well, for most. (see later post)
Anyway, the Merced Running Club organized a Christmas Eve 5.2 fun run. Fun meaning there are not "official" clocks or numbers and the crowd of runners is fairly small. The time worked for our family, we don't have any gathering on Christmas Eve until the afternoon and it would only take 45-50 minutes to complete. There were two options for the run, the short 4.2miles or the slightly longer 5.2. At the start I thought I'd do the full run, but around mile 4 I wasn't so sure anymore! There was a lady in front of me that I told my self I would use her for motivation and do which ever route she took. She took the long of course! I was happy I followed her and was happy I did when it was over.
The boys know that I go for runs, but have never been to watch so Dave brought them out to watch the finish of the run. It was cute to see them excited. There was a gift exchange at the between all the runners. Gannon really loved that part!
No comments:
Post a Comment