Sunday, December 11, 2011

Hi Neighbor...can I borrow your phone!

On our first morning in the new house the boys and I went through our normal morning load the car routine.  I locked the door to the house because our alarm hadn't been installed yet! I also load all our lunches, coats, and bags in the passenger seat and decided since it was so cold I would start the car by leaning over the center and warm it up. I had already opened the door to Gannon's side and the boys got in.  Garrett now knows how to buckle himself in so he was in his seat doing that while I got Gannon buckled in his.  I closed the door and went around to get in....locked! Cell phone in the car, boys in the car, car is running, and door to the house is locked! Oh and the spare key is still at the old house.  PANIC! What do I do?  Of course we hadn't met any of our neighbors because we literally moved in the day prior.  I scanned the houses on the street and spotted a good one.  Christmas lights on the house, nice cars in the driveway, and I ran down and rang the door bell.  I heard dogs barking so I figured someone was there...poor guy was sleeping! Still in a panic I quickly explained and asked to borrow his phone.  I called Dave to call Onstar, which I'm thankful we pay for, and he of course just rattled off the number and hung up! Now crying I ask the poor neighbor if I can take his phone to my house to check on the boys while I call Onstar.  FREAK! He just said, "oh yeah whatever you need" what else would you tell a crying stranger at 7 in the morning!?! Onstar was awesome and had the doors open in less that a quick minute and I returned the phone!  Matt then introduced himself and said he and his girlfriend Jaime had moved in the month prior if we ever needed anything!

WOW the entire process was less that 6 minutes, but I was in a great panic hoping the boys wouldn't cry.  Thankfully they didn't even seem to realize what was going on.  Off to school we went....

No comments:

Post a Comment