Saturday, December 10, 2011

Yes, We Moved Again!

We have moved yet another time! We loved our old neighborhood, but I wasn't a fan of the school it meant Garrett and soon Gannon would attend for Kindergarten.  After researching the schools with the best API scores (academic performance index) (see what teaching makes you do!) we had a few options, private school or move!  After much stress (on my part of course) and many discussions we decided we would look at three areas to move to.  Two were in Merced and one in Atwater.  I was of course leaning more toward being in Merced! I started looking over the summer and kept an eye out for a house that we could stay in for a least a few years.  We wanted a 4 bedroom for sure, 3 just wasn't enough and really wanted to be able to get all our stuff out of storage and back with us.  I knew Dave would be happier in a new house so we were then limited to two neighborhoods. 

I found a house right before we left on vacation for Thanksgiving and we managed to see the inside prior to leaving.  It took a few days of back and forth with the management company to close a deal with a two year lease...I don't want Garrett to start Kindergarten and have to move 4 months later.  We would like to stay until we decide if we are staying in Merced for long term or buying in the future.  I'm really in no rush to do all that again!

We love our new house and new neighborhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment