Saturday, April 7, 2012

Coloring Eggs

Even though Gannon can't eat eggs, he had a great time coloring them!  Garrett loves this art project every year so it was no surprise that he kept asking when we would cook and color the eggs.  On Wednesday I explained that I would cook them on Thursday and Friday morning we would color them.  Garrett is a very scheduled child so you can tell him a date or day of the week that something will happen and when he tears the calendar day off and it gets to that date he will remember that is the day "whatever" is supposed to happen. (he keeps a calendar in his room!) Anyway, it was Thursday and he wanted to know when the eggs would be cooked, after dinner Garrett.  Sure enough after dinner he wanted to see the eggs cooking.  Friday morning when they woke up I was at the gym, but as soon as I came home I got all the stuff ready and called them to the table.  Garrett was so excited!  Gannon was his rough little self as was practically throwing the eggs into the cups!  Who cares if they break, right!?! And yes, several of his did.  Whatever!  Gannon was good at coloring his and pulling them out, rolling them on his paper towel to dry them, and put them in his drying rack.  Garrett on the other hand was more patient to get a deeper color on his eggs and of course very careful to keep his paper towel very clean!  True form for both boys personalities.  It is fun to watch how different they are.  Next year I think I need to offer to color eggs for the entire neighborhood because two dozen eggs doesn't take long to color! 







No comments:

Post a Comment