Dave and I had talked about taking the boys to the snow and to Yosemite over our Spring Break and I was a little hesitant because I think I was traumatized by our snow trip a couple of years ago! Okay I know, get over it and go again. After looking at the week ahead we decided Sunday would be the best day. Dave found that Badger Pass has a little tube area so that was the plan.
We loaded up the car and off we went. We are so thankful that we live within a couple hours of such a beautiful place. I honestly think this was Gannon's first time to Yosemite and Garrett had been a couple of times. They both loved it. The walk to Yosemite Falls was a little wet, but of course Gannon loved the puddles! Garrett and Gannon loved the snow and kept having Daddy make them snow balls. Gannon walked more than half the way back with the same snow ball gently balanced in his hand. Unusually for this guy to be so calm and gentle, but I guess for a snow ball it was worth it.
After eating lunch we headed over to Badger Pass to rent the tubes and have some good old snow fun. Garrett was a little cautious as always to start tubing, but when he realized he would be riding with one of us he was fine. Sitting on our bums was how it started then of course Dave tried to talk them into going on their bellies. Garrett wanted no part of that...until Gannon did a few runs with Dad and he could see that it was really okay and fun. Then Garrett gave it a shot and he too was in love. Gannon is definitely our little dare devil, willing to try whatever! I think if we would have walked the tubing hill all night they would have been content. It was a great fun family day!
No comments:
Post a Comment