We have had this BIG, LONG vacation planned since January and it's finally here. Lots of people and places to see! We are excited and although Gannon doesn't look too excited in this picture, he was just mad because I made him hold the board. Maybe by the end of the trip they'll be used to it.
We headed out of Merced first thing in the morning to our first stop, Redding. We picked Redding as our first stop because it was far enough yet not too far and Dave found a nice RV park to stop at during the "scouting phase". The plan for most of the trip is drive a 150-300 miles and stop for a couple of days. The boys did great on this first 300 miles, watching movies and playing Auto Bingo that I found for a dollar. Garrett especially loved the bingo games. Watching for all the signs is a fun challenge for him. I of course read lots of 50 Shades!
After setting up camp, Dave checked the GPS for attractions around our campsite. He found the Shasta Dam. Anyone that knows Dave knows how much he loves some DAM jokes and DAM slides (in his classes) so of course we had to check out the DAM. I have to say Shasta Lake is huge and the dam looks pretty cool. Of course we were too late for the DAM tour so we decided we would make that the start of day 2.
No comments:
Post a Comment