Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Turtle Bay Park

Turle Bay is a great park/wild life place to visit in Redding.  The boys had a great time running around on the play structures and checking out the exhibits.  We watched the animal show and Gannon was a little freaked out when the birds and owl flew really cloth overhead, but it was cool little show.  The butterfly exhibit was fun and Gannon even held a butterly - a dead one! Playing in the water and pebble sand was of course the coolest, we had our picnic by this part so the boys could continue to play.  Feed the birds was an experience!  I guess I wasn't aware that as soon as the lady handed me a cup of nectar a bird would land on my hand.  It totally freaked me out and I dropped the cup and screamed! This didn't make the boys too excited to hold a cup! Dave held the cup and after lecturing me that I had to be an example for the boys I did another and it wasn't too bad, but the boys still wouldn't do it.  Oops, my fault. It was a fun time anyway.











No comments:

Post a Comment