Garrett has been asking to go to kindergarten for at least a year now and boy when the day came he sure didn't want to go! Dave took him to the "meet your teacher" day the Friday prior to school starting (I had a meeting) and I guess his hands were getting all sweaty and he started crying pretty bad because he was so nervous. Of course all the other moms glared at Dave and asked if he'd ever been to preschool....only his whole life!
Garrett is not a big fan of change.
The morning of we had his new backpack all ready (empty!), his name tag that he was instructed to wear and his lunch box all ready. He hardly ate any breakfast because he was too nervous to eat. He was watching TV and I asked if we could take a picture for the first day of school, he curled in a ball and started crying...see below! Of first day of school, morning, picture! We drove over to the school and the second I opened the door he was crying and kept saying he needed his blankie! Cried all the way into the multipurpose room where they meet in the morning and of course I had a few tears leaving my crying baby boy behind.
After school he was very excited to see me at 3 o'clock! I asked for another "first day of school" picture when we got home and he said "oh, sure Mom"! Who said first day of school pictures had to be taken in the morning!!!
I asked Garrett for his favorites and this is what he said
Color - "Black and Orange, oh and gray, write down gray Mom"
Food - Pizza (pretty sure not, but it's what he was eating at the time)
Favorite part of the first day of school - tracing his name
Movie - Lorax
Part of summer vacation - swimming
Teams - San Francisco Giants (duh)
What do you want to be when you grow up - Baseball player,
"write down Posey Mom, P - O - S - E- Y, okay yeah"
No comments:
Post a Comment