Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Kinder Morning

I decided to take Halloween off of work and spend a few hours with Garrett in his kindergarten class.  His teacher had pumpkin carving and other Halloween activity station planned and was happy to have another volunteer!  We spent the first part of the morning carving pumpkins and man some of these little people are very good with carving knives, I was scared!  Mrs. Waldron took them to another room for story time while the Mom's cleaned up and set up for the activity stations.  Garrett teacher had a create a spider station, pin the face on the jack-o-lantern, pumpkin bowling, and Halloween bingo set up.  It was in charge of the bingo and it was fun to play with the little guys. 
 
As a teacher I know how much work it takes to coordinate a smooth class day and not to mention for a holiday of activities.  I was totally impressed and VERY happy that Mrs. Waldron is Garrett's teacher.  Everything was VERY organized and the transitions from one activity to another were very smooth.  All the kids were very respectful and polite. 
 
I'm SO happy with my years of stress of wanting Garrett to go to Chenoweth, our move to the correct neighborhood, and my decision to switch high schools to make it all possible.  I LOVE everything about Chenoweth!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment