All season Garrett has remained a Giants fan! Fan might be an understatement, he LOVES the Giants. He quickly memorized the players, including names, numbers, and their positions. My phone was his friend to update him when we were away from home or to keep him informed of upcoming games. One day I saw an appointment on my calendar and when I went to see what it was because I didn't remember having an appointment I found that ALL the remaining games were set on my calendar, don't ask how he did that one.
Garrett's list obsession (more on that later) became very evident during this baseball season. He had to write out all the players in line up order and he kept take of pitch counts. It didn't matter if we were at home or away he found paper and a way to write the players out. Several times at restaurants on the back of a menu he wrote them out.
Toward the beginning of the season, prior to finding the times on my phone, Garrett would get up in the morning and want to watch baseball. He had a hard time understanding that games didn't start at 7 in the morning, like it's his new cartoon! So I thought I'd be smart and tape a game for him to watch in the morning. Boy did that back fire. He started watching the game, doing his pitch count thing and then he comes running into the kitchen, "Mom this is an old game, Zito pitched yesterday!" It didn't take him long to figure out the rotation of starting pitchers!
If the Giants where up to bat, he wanted to play catch in our "field". (from his head in the picture below to the sliding glass door) If anything was in "the field" he would about have a panic attack until it was moved!
Garrett gathered a good collection of Giants shirts during the season, LOVED to watch all the games from start to finish, and even stood off the couch and removed his hat for "God Bless America" during the 7th inning.
He was thrilled when the made it to playoff and the world series and said, "Dad must be sad his Angels lost."
No comments:
Post a Comment