Our hotel was in Alexandria, Virginia and honestly I think I could have stayed in Alexandria for the entire trip! It is so cute and has tons of great shopping all on one street. There is a trolley that runs the entire main street, King Street, which is where are hotel was. So from the hotel to down by the water you can hop on and off whenever you need to. The shopping ranges from inexpensive stores like Ross all the way to cute boutique shops for the entire family. We checked out a cute toy store much like the one in San Luis Obispo and I wish I had had more time to shop.
After having lunch with Bud and Jo we were walking them back toward their car and found a local park. You can tell the theft level and poverty level is not high by the look of the park. The neighborhood drop off old outdoor toys and others simply leaves their children's toys to play with on their next visit. This would NEVER happen at a park in Merced. Everything would be stolen! Makes me sad that we live in a place that is like this.
We went with all the high school kids on a night Ghost Tour of Old Alexandria. Our story teller was very good and made me even more sad that we couldn't visit some of the places he talked about during the day. It was a fun night of ghost stories and a quick walk back to our hotel. Alexandria is a great little place and I would LOVE to go back and just hangout there.
No comments:
Post a Comment