Saturday, May 28, 2011

Last Minute Trip to See Mickey

A perk (to some) to being a high school teacher is the opportunity to chaperone Grad Night at Disneyland.  Our school only had two buses going and didn't need more teachers until the day of the event.  I happened to be eating lunch in the office and one of our Admin came in saying that she may have to drive to Disneyland as a fill in for a our Principal who was unable to attend at the last minute.  She was not excited at all about driving her own car down by herself.  Roller coaster at Disneyland - "I'll go with you!"  At first I'm not sure she believed me, but once she knew I was serious it was ON!  I had a sub arranged, got the kids squared away with Dave, and we were headed home to change and get on the road.  By the time I picked her up and just about pulled on to your street we found out there were seats on the bus for us to ride.  Thank goodness the driver agreed to stop in Merced and pick us up.  It was a LONG, but fun night.  I have to say I think this trip is way over priced for the kids and really there isn't a lot of Disneyland open so therefore all that is open is packed.  We got 5 rides in all night between the two parks and did lots of walking, but it was still a super fun night.  All 5 chaperone's from our school made it all night without much pain.  We did sleep for about 2 hours on the way home. 

Before loading the bus after a LONG night....


Mrs. T, Mrs. Malhi, myself, and Ms. De Palma

No comments:

Post a Comment