Monday, May 9, 2011

Room for Two

Back when I was pregnant with Gannon we waited to find out the gender of the baby to purchase a bed for Garrett - if it was another boy we would buy a bed that someday they would share...approximately three years later (from purchasing) that day is here. 

Let me back track - Gannon hasn't been sleeping great in his crib lately.  Waking up in the night not wanting to go back to sleep in his crib, taking forever to fall asleep, and so on.  So on Saturday night Dave was still gone and Gannon didn't want to go to bed.  I explained that is was Garrett's turn to be put to sleep and he proceeded to cry when this reasoning has worked in the past.  I took Garrett to his room and asked him what he thought of Gannon sleeping in his room on the "little" bed.  He was instantly SO excited.  I pulled the bed out and went back to get Gannon.  He was a little in shock.  Garrett was cute, he kept explaining to Gannon that he had to put his head on the pillow and lay down - no talking.  It was pretty funny to watch Garrett become a little parent with all the rules.

Gannon did GREAT sleeping in the big boy bed! Didn't make a peep all night and slept in the next day.  Dave got home late Saturday and when he woke up asked what had happened.  Oh - a quick last minute un-thought of decision was made!  I know unheard of for me.  We had been talking about making the transition over summer, but what the heck he was ready. 

Little did I know I was going to tear the place apart on Mother's Day to re-organize the rooms.  It feels so good to have a dedicated play room and a sleeping room.  Garrett was a bit in shock that all the toys got moved from his room to Gannon's old room.  We had to explain that Gannon was not taking all the toys - we now had a big toy room for all the toys.  Okay really isn't now big, but you get my point. 

Nap time was even amazing on Sunday - it took Gannon a bit to fall asleep, but once he did I had to wake him after 3 1/2 hours!  Night three and all is going well. 

First night sharing a room.


Snuggle up in the big boy bed.
The new sleeping corridors.


Play room.
Nap #1 in the big bed. Yes I know he was still in his jammies, it was a working morning in our jammies!

No comments:

Post a Comment