Dave and I have tried to talk Garrett into running one of the 1k kids run that typically are the start of one of my runs, but he is always too afraid to do it on his own. When I signed up for a local 10k Dave decided to sign him AND Garrett up for the 5k to see what Garrett could do. He has "runner" in his blood and will soon wear out a stretch of carpet in our house! At my 15k in Santa Monica Dave said he ran back and forth for at least 45 minutes while I was running. He was very excited on the morning of his first race! Dave got him all stretched and ready to go. We all lined up together and took off! Dave said he talked the entire first mile, pretty par for Garrett, and then was trying to run faster, but kept looking back to make sure Dad was still behind him. At the end he took off without Dad and finished with a 34:21. We are very proud of our little guy running the entire 3.1 miles. He has requested that I run the next 5k with him so we'll see if we can beat that time!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment