Thank goodness my family is supportive of my running habit. 5:45 wake ups when on a mini vacation take effort on their part! When we planned our weekend in LA I started looking up races that were taking place in the area while we were there. I have decided that I don't like to pay money for 5k's or 10k's unless they are in Merced and not quite being ready for a half marathon I found a 15K. Works for me. I had about 2 weeks to build up to 9.3 miles, better get running. I am pretty solid up to 6 or 7 miles now as my base so I did a 5 and a 6.5 prior to running this 9.3. My 6.5 was 4 days before this run at 6:30 in the morning in Merced = 90 degrees outside = not my favorite run:( I guess the burger from the Shack and the bloody Mary from the Harbor Room were a great pre-run meal because it was such an easy 9 that I'm pretty sure I could have done the half. Next time. Dave says I'm never even stressed or breathing heavy when I'm done so I don't like to call them races, they're all just runs to me. I am consistent on my pace and this run was right there 1:28:30 for a finish. Not bad for very little training. Weather was perfect and how can you beat running along the ocean! I had been bummed that this event didn't give our t-shirts, but to my surprise we all got finishing medals, which I'd prefer any day over another t-shirt!
Thanks to my support crew for the high fives as I ran by. Dave's Dad even came out for the early morning run.



No comments:
Post a Comment