Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday Update!!!

We survived our second Saturday without daddy and "Chucky" never even came over to play! I would like to thank Babies R Us for shipping my stroller in 4 days vs the 6 to 10 it was suppose to take. UPS knocked on the door yesterday around 4 to deliver our great new ride. Not only did it come in handy today it was a great project for Garrett to help put together yesterday. I would also like to thank myself for researching Saturday activities in Merdead!

The bookstore does story time on Saturdays at 11 so we headed over to listen. This is one of the many stores Garrett is very familiar with so as we pulled in the parking lot I heard the "ear you go" from the backseat as he wanted to hand over his blanket for safe keeping while we went inside. He knew the exact path to the kids section so I gladly followed behind. Garrett loves books so he was happy to sit back and listen as the lady read. After the story was over he had to play on the stage for a bit and then was happy to leave saying goodbye to all the books on the way out and didn't even want to buy a new book. From there we headed to one of his favorite (and mine) places for lunch - Port of Subs. Because I frequent the place I pulled out the handy cell on the way and had our order started so it would be ready when we got there. Garrett was great to finish his turkey and cheddar sandwich. We returned home for nap time, which he again was great and went to bed without any second thought. After nap was the best part, Garrett was happy to climb in the front seat of our new stroller to take a walk. He didn't want to put his shoes on so I had to be sure our walk didn't take us by the neighborhood park. We walked for about 45 minutes and he was so cute pointing out colors of things along the route. I could hear him mumbling to himself along the way. Dinner was great and we watched the beginning of Toy Story - a new found video he will watch - prior to heading upstairs for bath and bedtime. Gannon was with us and Garrett heard him leave me a package in his pants so he was fine when I said I had to leave to change Gannon. So the house has been silent for about an hour now and I just might go jump in bed!!! YEAH - what a great day with the boys.

Next Saturday I think we'll check out the zoo!!! Check back for updates....

No comments:

Post a Comment