Saturday, April 4, 2009

Stranger Shock

Here's another update of our Saturday's with dad at contests. Managing two kids is getting easier with Dave gone. It does help that last weekend Garrett and I drove to Modesto to attend the awards ceremony so we got out of the house and this weekends contest was held in Merced. The past few years Dave and a few other teachers have used our house to do the tabs, but this year they have a new system that is faster so Dave brought his team here to have lunch and relax before the awards. Garrett and Gannon were napping when they arrived and were so quiet I didn't even hear any of the kids (great kids by the way). Garrett takes a while to warm up once he wakes from his nap and when extra people are here it makes the process even slower so when he saw six big kids sitting in the family room he was in shock. I swear he was glued to me and the floor for almost 45 minutes, I told Dave he might have to rotate kids to send my way for help on the weekends (just kidding). Garrett finally warmed up enough to join Dave and I for a hamburger bun then spent about 20 minutes squeezed between the fridge and the wall (a new trick). Garrett's shock wore off as you can see below he was very open to having someone new to color with!

Dave’s team continues to do very well at the contests – they placed 1st again this weekend with the 1st and 2nd high individuals. Keep your fingers crossed for a win on May 2nd at Cal Poly!

No comments:

Post a Comment