Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Crazy Coupon Lady

Do you ever get in line behind someone that has so many coupons that people glare and it holds up the line. Sorry, that's me! I once had a checker tell me not to get in line behind people that use the WIC vouchers because they take a lot of time, hey my coupons hold up the line too - whatever!

I am actually very proud of my coupon skills. For Christmas this past year Dave bought me a really cool coupon organizer that allows me to separate my coupons by category. (I know OCD) But, hey proud to say that I save somewhere between $25.00 and $50.00 dollars a month using my coupons, maybe more. Last week alone, I saved $12.30 at the grocery store, $12.45 at Walmart, $10.00 at JC Penny, $6.00 at Costco, and only $.75 at Target. That's $41.60. Holy cow that is a lot of money. This doesn't even count what I saved from items that were on sale!

We get the newspaper for Merced and Modesto so on the weekends I go through the coupon ads and clip only coupons for products that I would buy on a regular basis. I file them away in my cute little organizer and go through them when I make my shopping lists. I get so mad when I let one expire without using it! I do try to shop when the store is not going to be very busy so I don't hold up lines too bad. I always have so many coupons at the grocery store that they have to call a manager to approve my transaction!

Glare at me all you want people behind me - I'm saving money!

No comments:

Post a Comment