Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sky Diving Mommy!

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to go sky diving. I have bungee jumped, been parasailing, been hot air ballooning and always talked about going sky diving. So for Christmas Dave bought me a sky diving gift certificate with video and pictures included in my jump.

We drove up to Lodi on Good Friday, but the weather did not like my plan and did not cooperate. Thank goodness! Kendra and her sister, Katrina, also really wanted to go so we decided a couple of weeks ago that May 5th would be our day. I am so glad I waited until someone could experience this world of craziness with me!!!!

We left around 11:30 to head up to Lodi and thought we would get there and spent an hour or so in a "training" class and man were we wrong. There was not talk or training - sign here and head to the gear room! We were each assigned a tandem jumper and a camera person and off we went.

AMAZING IS ALL I CAN SAY!!!!
There we went, loaded up in the plane and the only instruction I got was, "cross your arm and keep your legs up until I tap your shoulder then spread your arms and legs. And if you forget don't worry it will still work!" Thank goodness because in my video I had my legs pulled up for a long time and my arms stayed crossed for a while too!
I really didn't like the cold air going up my nose so I blocked that for a lot of the free fall, but was still really cool. My poor tandem guy tried to block it for me so I could see more, but it didn't really work so I block my own.


Kendra and I pre-jump
Our plane - me, Kim, Kendra, and Katrina

Load Up!
1st one in = last one out!

There we go
That's a serious fist! What the heck?
Poor Joe trying to block the air for me! Notice my legs are still tucked!

And here we come
Perfectly smooth landing on two feet!
Okay, I'm ready to go again! Any other crazies out there that need someone to jump with, give me a call!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment