Today was Dave's first contest of the season, Davis. Which means it was my first Saturday of the busy season too. Garrett was the first us at 5:50 so he came in to get me because he wanted juice and to watch the dog movie (101 Dalmatians). This is actually sleeping in for me so not too bad. One difference is that Dave usually makes the coffee and brings it to me (I know a great husband) so I had to make my own pot today. Off to the shower.
Tumble Time was having a fundraiser and the kids could play while I looked so of course we headed there for a bit this morning. The Creative Memories lady was there so I was very excited and even more excited with my purchases. That's another story.
Robin and Jaxon were in town and we wanted to meet up for lunch, but it was a little early. So to waste some time we headed to the bookstore. Garrett needed to pick out a train for his birthday and was very good to decide on one and of course wanted it opened. I explained that we had to pay first and off he went to the register. How sad and cute that he knows this drill! At the register they informed us that Clifford was on his way to read a story if we stuck around for a few minutes he would be there. Garrett has a Clifford book that he loves so we had to stay! Garrett and Gannon were very good to sit and listen to the story and then great to leave after.
Robin and Jaxon were ready by this time so we decided to meet for sandwiches, then decided it would be even better to just pick them up and take them home to eat and play. Garrett was little upset when he realized we were at the sandwich store and not home, but then once we were inside he didn't want to leave to eat them. Another pretty normal routine for us. Again, he came around after I explained that Jaxon was waiting for us at home. We ate and let the boys play for a bit and then it was nap time.
Two great naps later I decided it was nice and we could go outside and clean up the garage. A project I have had on my mind and I'm sure Dave will appreciate that we took care of this while he was gone. Again, the boys were great to play with their outdoor toys in the garage while I straightened. I don't know that I ever realized how many outdoor toys we have so it was great fun for them. Garrett wanted to go for a little walk in the wagon. By this time it was 4:45 so we couldn't go too far. He was again a little bummed, but good to come inside at 5.
Funny how he didn't want to come in and as soon as we did he was starving! Thank goodness raviolis only take 5 minutes to cook. They both were good eaters and off to our normal nighttime routine.
So the common differences in this story from last year is that although Garrett still got upset throughout the day, I was able to explain what was going on and he understood and not one fit was thrown. When it came time to put him in bed I told him he was super good boy today. I tell him he is a good boy whenever he is, but I guess not a super good boy by the look on his face. He said, "I super good boy?" kind of puzzled! Second common thread was the with the boys at these ages it's not as hard to leave the house alone. Gannon doesn't need to eat and nap every 3 hours and they both are good to be on the go.
1 down 5 to go....
No comments:
Post a Comment