Saturday, April 23, 2011

Dinosaur Caves Egg Hunt

At the Dinosaur Caves Park the City of Shell Beach does a HUGE Easter Egg Hunt/Kid day the day before Easter.  We went two years ago when Garrett was 2 and Gannon was just born and had a blast so when we were going to be in the area again we added to to our to do list.  Well, just because something is really fun the first time doesn't mean it always is! Not that it wasn't fun, but it seemed to be a lot more crowded.  

Garrett and Gannon were in different hunts this year, probably contributing to the not as fun part.  Gannon's group was first and parents are invited to join.  When Garrett was this age I had a good strategy of getting him to the other side before letting him down to hunt, this worked with Gannon, but as I mentioned the crowd was huge so he only go a few eggs.  Which really is plenty!

I will had a huge THANK YOU to those that put this event together - there was NO candy in any of the eggs!  Fun junk filled them all making me very happy that Gannon wouldn't accidentally eat a peanut! 

Gannon spotted a fire truck at the part right before his hunt and I actually surprised he still hunted eggs.  All he wanted to do was go see the truck.  We were one of the first in line to say hi to the fireman who were handing out little pencils and erasers to the kids.  When it came to Gannon's turn he didn't even acknowledge the stuff, he just wanted in!  I told the firefighter this and he was so nice to put Gannon right in the truck (or engine whatever it was!)  Gannon was instantly in heaven checking out the back seat!  He posed for a photo with the chief and headed out.   

Then came Garrett's turn...he was having a low sugar moment so we thought! We gave him some juice and a little snack to get him to hunt and he still wanted NOTHING to do with it.  I told him I would go with him instead of Daddy which helped for a minute.  The 4 year old hunt does not include parents and Garrett wasn't too sure with the size of crowd that he really wanted to do it.  I didn't follow the rules and was just going to put him over the rope right by our spot for him to hunt a few eggs.  When the count down was over I decide I would just go out with him.  I went in and went to put him down and he let out the biggest "I seriously scared" cry that I hadn't heard from him in a long time!  Holy cow - made me freakin' cry!  Dave was like "oh, my God it's not that big of deal why are YOU crying"  I guess Mommy instinct I don't know!  A nice lady must have been watching us because she came over and offered to put some eggs in a side area for JUST Garrett.  How sweet! He was then excited to hunt these few eggs.  Come to find out that was the Mayor of Shell Beach.  Later in the day Garrett, "remember the lady that gave me the special eggs"  Poor kid was scared of all the people!


 Gannon high jacked cousin Dante's car. 

Dante and Gannon playing with the bubbles. 
A quick snack before the big hunts start. 
Gannon after his hunt - just take me to the fire truck. 




Easter Bunny after being traumatized!
Gannon wasn't sure of this bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment