Saturday, April 16, 2011

An Overnight Adventure with Mom!

Since we were in Fresno and I had a few things I needed to do at the mall and stores we don't have in Merced I arranged with Taylor to use her place while she was out of town.  I do believe this was my first overnight adventure with two kids and no Daddy to help.  I was a little nervous, but since we do LOTS of nights at home without Daddy I shouldn't have been!  I know Gannon is two, but shopping with two kids can sometimes give me anxiety!  Maybe because he is TWO! I have to give my kids credit - they were awesome at the mall.  Double stroller loaded up and off we went.  This was probably even one of the best shoe shopping experience I've had with both boys.  They were so good to let the lady measure their feet and were excited to pick and try on lots of shoes.  Garrett had one requirement - they needed to light up.  This narrowed our selection to a pair of white shoes and some sci-fi show shoes. Not a fan of white, but less of a fun of sci-fi show so white it is.  Garrett calls them his exercise shoes!  Gannon was just as excited for his new sandals. 

I then had a quick return and on the way we passed Build A Bear.  The boys have been here before so Garrett asked if we could go there next.  Sure, why not!  We had to make a potty stop and to the Bear store we went.  (See next post)

After our trip to the mall it was getting late so we headed to the grocery store to grab milk and stuff for breakfast before heading back to Taylor's.  Finally we get to Taylor's at 8:30, thirty minutes past the boys normal bed time, so I quickly went to grab their clothes for bath.  OMG I forgot jammies for Garrett.  Of everyone to forget these for he is NOT the one! I tried to explain to him that he could sleep in sweats like Mommy does.  WOW huge melt down was on its way! I thought really it's not worth it and we had time to fun to Old Navy which is right down the street from Taylor.  I quickly explained to them that the store was closing and we would have to RUN to get new jammies.  Okay, not literally run, but go fast.  This is where the adventure came - load both boys, drive, unload, run through the store, pay, back to Taylor's.  I swear we did all this in less that 15 minutes! 

Back to baths, new rocket jammies, quick story, and right to bed.  Garrett's eyes were closing before I finished reading.  Originally Garrett was just going to sleep with me and Gannon in his pack n play next to the bed, but Aunt Taylor has really cool blankets so we made Garrett a cozy bed on the floor and he slept great.  Both boys snuggled their new Build a Bears all night too!

This little trip was fun and maybe now I will be a less apprehensive to travel with just me and the boys.  Much better with Daddy though!




No comments:

Post a Comment