Thursday, June 16, 2011

My New Wardrobe

Today's daily picture is not one of our cute little boys, any of their activities, or a daily outing.  It is yet of a simple blank and white shirt and if  you look carefully this beautiful shirt is accessorized with a whistle.  This is a perfect representation of what I feel like ALL day long...a referee!  I totally LOVE our boys and we have settled into a great random routine for the summer, but I swear I feel like a referee ALL day.  Most mornings Garrett is the first boy to wake and we enjoy anywhere from half an hour to an hour of quiet Garrett time.  Then little brother wakes up and let the fights begin.  Yesterday I was SO lucky to have them wake up at the same time and literally walking out of their room yelling at each other.  As entertaining as this is, does it ever stop? 


The buttons get pushed both ways.  Garrett remains our very type A personality.  He loves to create scenes on the coffee table from either movies or events that we have watched.  He is very careful in selecting cars, trains, or animals and placing each exactly as he saw it.  Today for instance after watching the car races at fair last night he was creating a "racing scene"  he had requested a patch of green grass (a green wash cloth!) for the center of the track just as he remembered it.  Trucks went in the middle and cars were selected from the collect to match those in the races last night.  As I mentioned he is very particular in all this set up.  Well then, Gannon goes along and grabs trains to add to the scene and boy does that just set Garrett on fire..."it doesn't go like that!"

Gannon on the other hand will be playing with something nicely that will catch Garrett's eye and all of a sudden Garrett's wants to play with that too.  I guess since he is bigger he feels like he can take what he wants, until little brother pops ya one!

I'm telling you ALL DAY LONG!

 
There are parts of the day that they play very nice together and it is SO nice that they are both at an age that I don't have to wait until nap time to get stuff done or wait until Dave is home to run errands.  They have been EXCELLENT everyday if we need to run to the store!  They have been introduced to the gym which I never wanted to do because they are in daycare all day while I'm at work, I just want to spend time with them when we get home.  They LOVE the gym and it breaks up the day for both them and me.  Them loving it makes my workout so much easier and they beg to go so that also pushes me to workout. 

All in all our summer schedule is quiet enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment