Friday, June 17, 2011

Today's A Great Day!!!!

First, I must say that our kids cannot read, but must have gotten a vibe from yesterdays post!  One thing about our summer days is they are consistently inconsistent!  We do the same activities on most days, get dressed, watch a quick show, run errands, go to the gym, and about the most two consistent pieces at a consistent time is eat lunch and take a nap.  The errands and gym time move around depending on what our day looks like.  We have done both almost daily, but haven't picked a great time for either.  WOW I know I've learned to relax on our schedule.  Partly because the boys are pretty easy to run around with and with only one nap time life is great.

Today we started our day at 8:30 at the gym in order to make the 10:00 story time at the library.  The boys have come to love the gym as I mentioned before and both loves books.  After the gym we headed to story time at the library.  I have to stay the Merced Library has a great story time, complete with songs to start, end, and between books.  The songs get the kids up and moving.  After story time there is typically an arts and crafts activity or a page to color.  Today was a page to color.  The boys are coloring and I look over at our little genius child, Garrett, and he has not only written and spelled his own name on his paper he has also written is brother's name.  Maybe it's just me, but I think that is pretty amazing for a four year old!  Both boys then selected a book to borrow from the library and off to the mall we went to grab a few things.

As we were walking from one store to the next my phone rang - a number not in my contacts, but one that looked like an Atwater number.  Instant nerves hit, I interviewed for a job yesterday and the Merced Union High School District is based in Atwater.  Long conversation short, "hello, we would like to OFFER you the job at Merced High"!!!! Bringing me to today's picture....

Oh, I'm so excited to be returning to my alma mater! Merced High here I come.  A full time contract teaching math for the 2011-2012 school year! 

Okay, back to my amazing kids.  We needed to grab a few more things and once we were done I asked Garrett if he would like to eat at the mall or at home.  He picked the mall which I was also happy about.  A Sweetriver salad sounded so good.  Again, the boys did amazing all through lunch waiting for their food and eating like big boys. 

I'm enjoying summer break and will enjoy it much more knowing that it is just that - summer break!

Needless to say, for more than one reason, I am ONE HAPPY MAMA!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment