I'm not sure if Garrett has a little summer bug or if he had himself so worked up over swim lessons, but either way he is sick. All week he has been seriously stressed about swim lessons. To the point that at night when he is going to bed he will yell for me to tell me that he doesn't want to "hold the wall" or "swim with the girl teacher"! This morning I explained that today was out last lesson and then we had three days off. He quickly counted the next weeks number of lessons and said, "that a lot more lessons Mommy"...poor guy hates the lessons! Anyway, this morning he also kept telling me his tummy hurt. I asked if it hurt like he needed a bucket or like he had to poo or like I don't want to go to swim lesson? He confirmed the final thought.
He cried through most of his lesson today and after said he just wanted a little pool at home. "Little like Syenna's pool, yellow, green and blue!" How he remembers the colors from last weeks twenty minute swim is beyond me, but that's the little pool he likes. I took the boys to Big Lots to find a cheaper little pool and we did. On our way home, I look in the rear view mirror to see lots of white (milk) vomit pouring out of his mouth! I know lovely right, hey I'm thankful that it was not projecting onto the back of my seat! We pulled over covered him with our swimming towel and headed home.
Strip the car and to the bath we go. Here he lays on our "sick" bed with the orange "bucket" that I'm pretty sure at our house you will NEVER see with food in it. We have used this "bucket" too many times for vomit. Gannon was amazing through all of this. "Garrett's sick from his mouth Mommy" Patient as can be and understanding that brother is not feeling good. It is amazing to be how somebody so small can be so empathetic. He didn't even fuss to go take a nap with me leaving the room right away because, "Garrett's sick". I really hope it's not a bug that will travel the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment