Saturday, July 16, 2011

Another Late Night

It's always fun to visit the fair and not have to check on or worry about animals or students, just go as a guest.  Dave wanted to take the boys to see the Monster Truck races at the Stanislaus Fair so we bought tickets ahead of time and planned to head up on Friday night.  I had spend the day shopping with a girl friend on Friday so the boys got there before me and rode a few rides with Dad.  I met up with them just in time for the yummy corn dog and beer that you have to enjoy at the fair, don't you?  We then headed to watch the show.  The monster trucks of course are the last show, but we enjoyed watching the beater trucks race too. 

After the show we walked around and discovered another section of kiddie rides so we did a couple more.  Race cars of course and the boys loved his one.  It was pretty fast and whipped them around on the turns.  All smiles for this one.  In the past we have tried to get Garrett to ride the Farris Wheel and he always stares at it and says it's way to big.  In the kiddie section they had a mini version and Garrett approved of this one for a ride.  Gannon agreed.  I was a little nervous because I counted the number of people in front of us and the number of seats to load the ride and figured out that they would be the first to load a new round.  This means they are on the ride the longest and at some point will sit at the highest point for a bit while riders are loaded.  I wasn't sure this was a good idea for their first time.  Dad said to calm down they would be fine!  And they were.  Not scared one bit - laughing and swinging the entire time.  I think it helps them both to have each other to ride along with.  It was so cute to watch them. 

On our way out we saw a Rain forest Adventure set up and took a quick peak.  What a cool exhibit they have set up to be completely interactive for the kids.  Lilly pads to jump on, a slide, animals to pet, mushroom tops to jump on and more.  Gannon was a little to comfortable petting the lizard (or whatever it was!) and tried to just grab it.  Must be a little boy thing because I was freaking out. 

Another fun late night! 







No comments:

Post a Comment