Monday, July 4, 2011

Independence Day

The Gossman Family does a big 4th of July picnic at a park in LA every year and we hadn't been in 3 years so Dave really wanted to attend this year.  Most of the family had never met Gannon in person so of course he had to get that done!  Thanks again to Aunt Shannon for joining the boys for the drive down and helping with Garrett and Gannon. 



 Gannon being silly!

Watching the annual softball game!

Ready?

Some new crazy table game.
 Daddy and Gannon doing the egg toss - baby style!


Some of the clan. 

Aunt Vicki's was even visited on the boys way back to Shell Beach.  A quick visit from what I've been told.  The boys running on a small car nap were not too excited about stopping, but they love their little pillows Aunt Vicki spoiled them with.  Again, Aunt Vicki had never met Gannon so this was a much needed trip. 

Independence Day had a whole new meaning of independence for me this year - I was all independent to choose and do whatever all day! Wow crazy, I don't think I've been at home alone since Garrett was born for any extended amount of time.  Kendra invited me to join her family for the Atwater Parade and Festival and swimming after.  I had always heard about Atwater's event, but never had attended.  The parade was fun to watch and thank God we had shade after all.  It was freakin' hot and we all know I don't do great when it's that hot.  We stayed downtown until around noon and then headed to Gram and Pops.  Kendra's Gram and Pop are amazing.  Exactly how I hope to be one day.  The more family and friends at their house the better!  They have an amazing pool and it felt like a mini vacation to lounge in the pool all day with Kendra drinking our Corona's!  We seriously floated for almost 5 hours.  It was such a nice relaxing day.  I enjoyed dinner and fireworks with their family and other friends and headed how to get a much needed night of rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment