Friday, July 9, 2010

Apricot Jam Session

I took the boys out back today for the first time and since we hadn't been home in two weeks I was a little shocked to see all the apricots on the tree! I was on the phone with Stephanie and was talking about all the things I could do...I could make some jam. Wait, I don't know how to do that. Hey I'll give it a try, can't be that hard right!?! It wasn't.

Wow - look at all those

Pick them...

Pit them...

Crack the pit and get the kernel out. What a kernel in an apricot? Who knew? I had no idea this little kernel was inside the pit. But, my recipe I found called for a pit in each jar. This was really hard to do by the way, crack the pit without cracking the kernel. There they are though.

Cook them...

All done...

Jar it and wait for the POP! All 7 jars perfectly sealed!
Yeah for my first time making jam! I'm ready for more tomorrow and an apricot pie on Sunday for the family! Look out she's got a new skill!
By the way - my husband thinks I'm crazy. We don't even eat apricot jam! And your taking pictures of this process?

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome! At least you attempted to try. We have tomato bushes overflowing with tomatoes and every year I think that I should can something like diced tomatoes but I never get around to looking up how to do it. The jam looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete