Mustang Water Slides is a small water slide park inside the Lake Lopez Campgrounds with a perfect kiddie slide area. The park is only open in the afternoons and since our kids don't wake up from naps until around 3 it was a perfect couple of hours each day we went. Thank goodness we had the boys in swim lessons prior to our trip because they were both ready to get right in the water when we got there. Since most days the high was only in the low 70's the water was a bit cold. Garrett and Gannon didn't care! The kiddie slide area is only about 2 1/2 feet deep in the deepest spot so Garrett could walk the entire pool alone and was very comfortable doing so, and Gannon could do most and wanted to do all!
The first day we took the boys life jackets and by the end they had them off and didn't use them again. By the end of the first day (which remember was only 2 hours) Garrett was going up the water stairs and down the slides all by himself! This is HUGE for a little guy that has always been so afraid of the water. Gannon on the other hand has no fear and by about the second hour was very upset that I wouldn't let him climb the stairs without help. Dude you're not even 1 1/2 yet, you need help.
The BEST part about the water slides is that during the boys nap time I would head up and work on my tan for a couple of hours prior to their arrival. I came home with a GREAT start for our next vacation!
Second best part of the slides was that on our final day Shannon and Karley joined me early and so Karley and I could ride the big slides. There are only 2 slides that are 600 feet and The Stampede which is 38 feet down and 38 feet up the other side - what a thrill. Karley wouldn't ride this one with me, but I have no fear of going alone. I had to ride this one 4 times to try all the different techniques and tubes to get the best rides!
No comments:
Post a Comment