Elko was a "break up the drive" stop and although it was much bigger of a place than we expected we ended up staying at the camp. There were lots of basque restaurants, but surely none that would measure up to Woolgrowers so we hit a grocery store and picked up some steaks. My simple husband said to grab a can of vegetable and I really wanted something fresh so I grabbed some zucchini. He was sure glad I was thinking outside the can because he said it was my best squash cooking he'd had! Funny guy. I guess a little garlic salt and he's pleased!
The campground was very clean and nice so we thought we'd take a swim in their pool. I don't even know if you could consider it a pool! It was maybe the size of two hot tubs put together. When we arrived at the pool Dave was very happy that he didn't have a suit on...three fellow campers that were at least 250 lbs a piece were "swimming" with a small little boy. Two of the adults proceeded to throw a ball across the pool (remember like a spa!) to each other, splashing everyone with each toss. The little boy waited about 2 minutes before he climbed into my lap and my kids were totally in shock of the entire experience! The other man waited for our kids to get comfortable enough to get in the pool until he decided to try and teach Gannon how to use a noodle as a water rocket....yes placing water in the noodle, creating a U shape, and blowing as hard as you can into one end of the noodle causing water to shoot out. PUTTING YOUR MOUTH on the noodle! Thank you please don't share your spit via a noodle with my child!!! I about freaked out and told Gannon to please STOP! Thank god they left quickly after. Needless to say it was quite interesting.
The ticket in the picture was Dave's sports bet that proved to be a good choice!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment