Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Visit to the Grandparents

My Mom's parents passed away in 1973 in a car accident along with her brother.  I wasn't born until 1978 so I never had a chance to meet them, but I'm sure they were amazing people.  They were very into motorcycles and raised a great daughter! We went to visit their grave, clean their headstone, and leave some flowers.  I had been to see their grave once before so I remembered what it looked like and my Grandpa helped find the location. 

Dave used to visit his Grandma's grave with his Aunt as a child and knew to bring cleaner and paper towels to the grave to clean them.  Thank God he knew this because they needed it.

Their headstone is beautiful and wasn't too dirty.  A little cleaner and it was all clean and pretty again. 



We then went to visit Great Grandma Goldie's grave.  Her headstone is shared with her husband who passes away in the 60's and their headstone was VERY yucky.  We got it has clean as we could with the paper towels we had left, so the front was at least clean.  Left more flowers and chatted about our memories of her. 




After we went over to see my Grandpa's sister Donnabell and leave a few more flowers.  Gannon in the mean time took off to visit someone else! Actually he was having his daily pout for some reason or another.  He is funny.

A few more family pictures in the cemetery and we were off!



No comments:

Post a Comment