My Great Grandma Goldie is one of my favorite memories! She lived to be 103 and passed away in 2004. I haven't been to Montana since 92' or 93' which was the last time I saw her in her house. She was a great little lady and I had to drive by her house for a quick picture. My Grandpa that came over from Anaconda was her son and he took us by to see the house.
When we pulled up a man was bringing trash outside and kinda looked at us weird, don't worry guy we aren't stalking you, just the house! I explained why we were there and he said his son lived there and to come in and look around if we wanted to...heck yes! I had to ask if you could still get in the cellar. This was where Great Grandma kept all her canning goods and the walls were simply soil and rock. He said yes, you want to go down there...OMG I was so excited! I didn't feel like I could take pictures inside this poor guys house, but I was surely going to go down and check it out. It was so cool to visit this house and go in the cellar. I miss Grandma Goldie, but I have great memories and quite a few of her homemade ornaments that hang on our Christmas tree to remind me of her!
No comments:
Post a Comment