Virgina City is a cute little old town at the top of a hill that reminded me of Columbia which is near home. Lots of cute little "touristy" type shops and gun fights in the street! We got to town right at lunch time so we found a BBQ place recommended by the train crew and grabbed a bit to eat.
On our way to lunch I saw one of those old western photo places and asked for if we could do one. I have seen these along the way at various places on the trip, but Dave nor the boys were very excited about taking a picture. This time wasn't very successful either. After lunch we went window shopping down the main street and a mine tour. I'm not a huge fan of caves and not sure why I thought a mine would be any different. It was great at the start of the tour, it was just our family. About 20 yards into the tour two larger men joined us, making me feel trapped with them behind me. I got all clammy and told Dave I was going back...he made me stay! I know, face your fears. Big dudes had to get in front of me so at least if I wanted to run back I didn't feel trapped. It was a pretty cool tour, thankful not too long!
With about 40 minutes left I saw yet another photo place. I begged and told the boys they could each pick a new car and hold a gun. What kind of Mom am I...I wanted a dang picture! After we started to "dress up" they were VERY excited and dang it give them their guns. A quick picture and mad dash out of there and we made it back to the train just in time!
No comments:
Post a Comment